Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another birthday

It has been a week of birthday celebrations for me. Gregorio took me out for a surprise evening with friends on Saturday evening. He would not give anything away despite my endless questioning. It turned out to be Paul McCartney in concert. At 67 he rocked the night away, ending with all the classics and fireworks. Gregorio, fireworks again on my birthday, grande, cosa puoi fare l'anno prossimo?! On Sunday we had a lovely BBQ with some of our dear DC friends, thankfully the skies cleared as the evening began. On my actual birthday on Tuesday, I had a very relaxing day with the family at the National Gallery, pool and dinner out. Thank you for all the birthday wishes.

I share my birthday with the person who coined the phrase "Yes we can!" And, as you know it has been very much a year in which we strive to believe we can beat the weed in Isabella's head. Today at the hospital, we said our official good-byes to her oncologist. He is sadly moving onto another hospital, he summed up how far we had come and what to expect in the coming months and years. He is cautiously optimistic for the future. We will complete cycle 8 at the end of the year and will then be monitoring the weeds with monthly visits to the clinic and MRI's every 3 months for the first two years.

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.


Three chemo sessions down, one to go. We are almost counting the hours to our road trip north next Friday.

Love,
Emma & Gregorio xxx

No comments: